Saturday, March 6, 2010

Final Oscar Predix (for 2009 season)

With less than 48 hours to go until the big event, it's time to
man up and go on the record. Read 'em after the cut:

Best Picture: The Hurt Locker

Best Director: Kathryn Bigelow

Best Actor: Jeff Bridges

Best Actress: Sandra Bullock

Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz

Best Supporting Actress: Mo'Nique

Best Original Screenplay: Inglourious Basterds

Best Adapted Screenplay: Up in the Air

Best Cinematography: Avatar

Best Film Editing: The Hurt Locker

Best Art Direction: Avatar

Best Costume Design: The Young Victoria

Best Original Score: Up

Best Original Song: Crazy Heart ("The Weary Kind")

Best Sound Mixing: The Hurt Locker

Best Sound Editing: Avatar

Best Visual Effects: Avatar

Best Makeup: Star Trek

Best Animated Feature: Up

Best Foreign Language Film: The Secret in Their Eyes

Best Documentary: The Cove

Best Animated Short: A Matter of Loaf and Death

Best Live-Action Short: The Door

Best Documentary Short: The Last Truck

*Notes:
-Best Picture! Arg! What to do? I'm gonna slit my wrists is The Hurt Locker loses this. Did Chartier's gaff have any impact on those 600 ballots that came in on the last day? I'm setting myself up for a huge disappointment, but I just can't go against my gut.
-I've wimped out on Sound Mixing and switched my guess from Avatar to The Hurt Locker (I know this is going to come back to bite me in the ass).
-Cinematography is a tough call. I'm going with Avatar, but I've got a sneaking suspicion Inglourious Basterds is gonna steal.
-Animated Short and Documentary Short are tricky two-horse races. Logorama vs. Wallace & Grommit. China's Unnatural Disaster vs. The Last Truck. Hopefully I'll get at least one of these right, but I'll be lucky to get them both.

No comments: