Thursday, January 21, 2010

CAS nominations!

In Contention is on it.

Avatar
Re-recording mixers: Chris Boyes, Gary Summers, Andy Nelson
Production mixer: Tony Johnson

District 9
Re-recording mixers: Michael Hedges, Gilbert Lake
Production mixer: Ken Saville

The Hurt Locker
Re-recording mixer: Paul Ottosson
Production mixer: Ray Beckett

Star Trek
Re-recording mixers: Anna Behlmer, Andy Nelson
Production mixer: Peter J. Devlin

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Re-recording mixers: Greg P. Russell, Gary Summers
Production mixer: Geoffrey Patterson

Another big guild snub for Nine, and yet I remain stubborn. Why can't I just face the music that Nine is not going to get a Best Picture nomination? Maybe it's because I can't for the life of me imagine what else the Academy would put in its place. I'm still not fool enough to put Up back in my predictions. Star Trek maybe? But seriously, will the Sci-Fi Three all make it in?

Sorry. Just can't see it. Nine has the SAG behind it, so it stays.

As for the Sound Mixing lineup here, it's very good. Only one off from my own preference as a matter of fact (I'll post that tomorrow). I don't think it'll match up with Oscar 5/5. Something will upend Transformers. It's a moot point anyway. Avatar wins this in a walk.


No comments: