Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The all-important Oscar clip

One of the things I like most about the acting Oscars is seeing what clips they choose to play before the winner is announced. They rarely coincide with the clips I would have chosen, but that's what the internet is for!

THE OSCAR-NAZI'S ACTING CLIPS

Best Actor

Richard Jenkins (The Visitor)
“I pretend. I pretend that I'm writing, that I'm working. The truth is I'm not doing anything.”

Frank Langella (Frost/Nixon)
“... we're going to make 'em choke on our continued success. Our continued headlines! Our continued awards! And power! And glory! We are gonna make those mother fuckers choke!”

Sean Penn (Milk)
“All men are created equal. No matter how hard you try, you can never erase those words.”

Brad Pitt (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)
“I was thinking how nothing lasts, and what a shame that is.”

Mickey Rourke (The Wrestler)
“I'm an old broken down piece of meat and I deserve to be all alone, I just don't want you to hate me.”

Best Actress

Anne Hathaway (Rachel Getting Married)
“Hi. I am Shiva, The Destroyer, your harbinger of doom this evening...”

Angelina Jolie (Changeling)
“Stop calling me that! I'm not your mother! I want my son back! Damn you!”

Melissa Leo (Frozen River)
“... He's a good man.”

Meryl Streep (Doubt)
“I will step outside the church if that's what needs to be done, till the door should shut behind me! I will do what needs to be done, though I'm damned to Hell! You should understand that, or you will mistake me.”

Kate Winslet (The Reader)
“There's no need... I wrote the report.”

Best Supporting Actor

Josh Brolin (Milk)
“Whatever! I don't even know who you are, you just showed up out of nowhere, Latino man.”

Robert Downey Jr. (Tropic Thunder)
“Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby...”

Philip Seymour Hoffman (Doubt)
“ 'It can't be done. I don't know where they went. The wind took them all over.' 'And that,' said Father Arrorick, 'Is gossip.' ”

Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight)
“They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show ya. When the chips are down, these 'civilized' people , they'll eat each other.”

Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road)
“Hopeless emptiness? Now you've said it. Plenty of people are onto the emptiness. It takes real guts to see the hopelessness.”

Best Supporting Actress

Amy Adams (Doubt)
“You don't like that he likes 'Frosty the Snowman', and you are letting that convince you of something terrible. Just terrible. Well, I like 'Frosty the Snowman'!”

Penelope Cruz (Vicky Christina Barcelona)
“How could I be sure that you would not kill me? After all, I have thoughts of killing you.”

Viola Davis (Doubt)
“Sister, I don't know if you and me are on the same side. I'll be standing with my son and those who are good with my son. It'd be nice to see you there.”

Taraji P. Henson (The Curious Case of Benjamin Button)
“Everyone feels different about themselves one way or another, but we all goin' the same way.”

Marisa Tomei (The Wrestler)
“Great, Randy! That's $200 just walked out the door!”

No comments: