Thursday, January 22, 2009

My results

Correctly guessed 74 of 97 nominees, going 100% in Adapted Screenplay, Film Editing, Visual Effects, and Foreign Language Film. Not bad by my standards.

More interesting I think are my predictions from back in March. I went 3/5 in several categories, including Actress (4/5 if you count the fact that I had Winslet predicted for The Reader in Supporting Actress), Actor, Supporting Actor, Adapted Screenplay, and went 2/3 in Makeup and Animated Feature. If it's this easy to predict Oscar success for certain films, there may be something wrong with the system. Hell, today's nominations just go to prove that there is.

I'm sill too mad to articulate my thoughts properly, so instead of hastily posting my angry reactions tonight, I'm gonna revert to my "One Category at a Time" columns, posting my thoughts and predictions for each category individually over the next week. Stay tuned...

No comments: