Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The "other" race...

I hope you'll forgive me if my nonsensical jabberings are few and far between for the next month or so, but I am going through a long and elaborate move, and my computer may not be accessible 100 % of the time, packed away with so many boxes of knick-knacks and other useless crap I just can't bear to part with.
Bear with me. I will try to update as often as I can, but it looks to be a hectic six weeks or so.

Besides, even if I wasn't moving anywhere, my attention would be drawn from my beloved Oscar watching for the next two months anyway.
“Why?”, you must be asking yourself.
“What in God's name could possibly be more important than keeping tabs on all the new spring releases and their awards potential?”.
Allow me to explain:

Wednesday night marks the beginning of another annual competition – a competition that everybody in my neck of the woods anticipates more highly than anything (even more than George W's imminent end of term). Much like the Oscars, it is a grueling campaign that spans many weeks, in which new dramas unfold every day. Dreams are shattered, other come true, and hopes often hinge on the most bizarre of circumstances. It is a contest for the swift of mind and foot, for those with bold spirit and the brawn to match it. A test of endurance for both the competitors, and the faithful fans who follow them with such passion. As much as I will always love the movies and the Oscars, this is the only other yearly competition that's worth a damn.

What is this mysterious contest of which I write? I'll let you see for yourself. Maybe you already know what I'm talking about. If so, who are rooting for?

I thank you for obliging me this one non-film-related post, and apologize in advance for the forth-coming lack of activity.

No comments: