Thursday, March 13, 2008

Deathly Hollows tries to double its luck

Nathaniel R's Film Experience blog directed me to Coming Soon, where it has been declared that the final story of the Harry Potter franchise, The Deathly Hollows, will be separated into two films, Part I released late in 2010, and Part II in summer 2011.

This pisses me off something fierce! The people in charge claim that they couldn't possibly due justice to the final installment of J.K. Rowling's series with just one movie, but I smell the cold, foul stench of money-lust in the air. Fans will now have to pay twice as much for a movie that's twice as long and separated by a six-month intermission. These had better be the best two movies I've ever seen.

What say you? Thumbs up or thumbs down on this decision?

No comments: